Essential oils has been used for centuries in assisting with healing the mind & body. These amazing oils offer a variety of healthy benefits. They’ve been shown to support gut health & immunity, aid in the detoxification of organs, & balance hormones—naturally! Essential oils have amazing effects on our mental state as well, and they’ve been shown to naturally elevate people’s moods.
You can use oils to stimulate the brain when you need to boost your mood or to relax & de-stress your mind. Their positive benefits on our emotions really are endless.
Try using these different oils each day to help elevate your mood & well being. Here are some of my favorite essential oils to help support an awesome mood. Diffuse 3 to 6 drops of them in your home or office using a diffuser, in a pot of steaming water, or, Pour ¼ cup of hot tap water into an attractive jar or container. Add ¼ cup alcohol (I used rubbing alcohol but apparently vodka works, too) and 20-25 drops of whatever essential oil you want to use. Swirl to mix. inhale a couple of drops from the bottle, or place a few drops in an Epsom salt bath for the ultimate at-home spa treatment.
We all need a “pick me up” after the weekend. This is the beginning of our week, try using one or a combination of:
- Peppermint is a popular oil that is said to stimulate the mind to help support memory, focus, concentration, and mental performance.
- Lemon is very uplifting to the mind & body. Lemon, when used aromatically, promotes physical energy & purification. Its invigorating fragrance is warming, & there are many clinical studies supporting the use of lemon essential oil for reducing stress & boosting mood. A MUST have for Monday!
- Frankincense is an amazing oil that has been used to support healthy cellular function for thousands of years. During biblical times, Frankincense was said to be even valued more than gold. Used aromatically, frankincense offers wonderful mood support & can help improve focus, minimize distractions & improve concentration. It also reduces hyperactivity, impatience, irritability & restlessness.
Research has shown that stress levels seem to peak on Tuesday.
- Lavender is one of the most popular essential oils…for good reason. It smells great & is an effective stress-relieving oil. In addition to stress-relieving properties, Lavender is a healing aid against colds, flu & migraines.
- Vetiver is a really nice, thicker oil that carries an earthy fragrance. It has powerful calming & grounding effects on emotions. It can be used to relieve stress, promote restful sleep & aid in recovery from emotional trauma & shock.
- Bergamot is one of my favorite citrus oils. This wonderful oil assists in reducing anxiety & depression, calming the mind & reducing worries.
Falling into the hump-day slump? Can’t wait for Friday? Time for inspiration!
- Eucalyptus offers many topical and aromatic benefits, this essential oil has a soothing, cooling vapor. Use Eucalyptus oil to invigorate, soothe & uplift. Try making your shower experience even more relaxing… Place a couple drops of Eucalyptus oil directly onto the shower floor while you are showering. The steam from the water will create a natural diffuser for the Eucalyptus oil, leaving you with a clear, invigorated feeling! You can also try putting a couple of drops in your shampoo for an invigorating treatment for your scalp.
- Jasmine has an exquisitely floral aroma that is uniquely its own. A tiny bit goes a very long way! This wonderful oil is called the oil of optimism & confidence. I diffuse Jasmine in my office when I know I’ve got a tough job ahead. If I really need a boost, I will enhance this oil’s amazing effects by sipping some hot jasmine tea.
- Clary Sage I call the oil of clarity & vision. This lovely oil can help change our perceptions, dispelling our limiting beliefs about our work & open our hearts & minds to new possibilities. It can inspire us to rely more on our intuition & expand our horizons. Clary Sage is one of the most relaxing, soothing & balancing essential oils, creating a restful environment while reducing feelings of stress and anxiety.
Almost to Friday! Hang in there, start getting into the weekend mood!
- Ylang Ylang (pronounced as Eee-lang Eee-lang), was one of the first essential oils that I ever purchased & worked with. I couldn’t resist its intoxicating aroma. I love making an oil with Ylang Ylang & Clary Sage. This is known as the MOST powerful aphrodisiac combinations. 😉 Emotionally, this oil is known for being helpful with stress & anxiety. It’s also used in cases of depression or when trying to cope with anger. I use Ylang Ylang Oil in blends intended to focus upon happiness, gratitude & celebrating blessings. Ylang Ylang alone is also considered an aphrodisiac. 😉
- Geranium is a strong smelling oil with a floral aroma & a hint of mint. This fresh essential oil has a firm place in aromatherapy, as it helps to balance the mind & emotions, while stimulating the adrenal cortex, balancing the hormonal system & stimulating the lymphatic system.
- Orange has a wonderfully uplifting aroma, this is one of the most popular of essential oils within aromatherapy. The aroma of Orange Oil is cheerful and helps to improve the aroma of a stale-smelling room. The very smell of orange essential oil reminds you of happy moments & brings pleasant thoughts to mind. That is why this oil is so frequently used in aromatherapy.
Scent the mood for a hot night or a much needed girls night out!
- Sandalwood sedates inflammation, anxiety, fear, stress, & restlessness. Furthermore, it induces relaxation, calmness, concentration, inner vision, & positive thoughts. Sandalwood is particularly useful for enhancing mood & providing grounding & uplifting feelings during meditation. Mix Sandalwood with Ylang Ylang or Jasmine for a “hot night in”!
- Oregano has been found to boost dopamine, & then it goes on to boost noradrenaline & serotonin, other functions oregano oil reduces the inflammation of the brain, which can resolve depression and boosts the mood.
- Patchouli provides a grounding, balancing effect on emotions. I’m not alone in my fondness for Patchouli Essential Oil…Patchouli is regularly used in the perfume industry & its aroma is suitable for unisex & men’s blends. It can act as an aphrodisiac as well.
What are your favorite oils to use? Are you willing to try the essential oils listed above? Let me know what you think.
Till next time….