What is dry brushing?
Dry brushing is exactly what it sounds like… brushing the skin in a particular pattern with a dry brush, usually before showering. In dry brushing, the skin is brushed toward the heart, starting at the feet & brushing toward the chest.
Why dry brush? What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to dry brushing. Take a look what dry brushing can do for you:
- Re-energizes the skin by exfoliating
- Stimulates blood flow & natural healing
- Facilitates detoxification
- Increases circulation & promotes blood flow
- Reduces cellulite
- Improves immune health
- Reduces inflammatory
- Improves muscle tone as a result of increased blood flow
- Stimulates lymphatic system
- Increases cell renewal
- Aids in digestion
- Improves kidney function
- Tightens skin
- Increases energy
- Makes you feel great!
Yes a simple process of dry brushing your skin will provide these benefits! I just started adding dry brushing to my body wraps…Can’t wait to see how this maximizes my results. I DO see a difference already!
How to Dry Brush the Skin:
- Starting at the feet, brush the bottoms of the feet and up the legs in long, smooth strokes. I typically brush each section of skin 10 times. For lymph flow, always brush toward the heart/chest area where the lymph system drains. As a good rule of thumb, always brush toward the center of the body.
- Repeat the same process with the arms, starting with the palms of the hands and brushing up the arm toward the heart. Again, brush each section of skin 10 times.
- On the stomach and armpits, brush in a circular clockwise motion.
- Repeat the process on the abdomen and back. On the face use a more delicate brush (there are facial brushes, the are smaller & softer).
Note: Don’t brush too hard! A soft and smooth stroke often works best. Your skin will be slightly pink after brushing, this is from the increased blood flow, but it should never be red or sting. If it hurts at all, use less pressure! Too much is NOT better!!
Brush before showering and moisturize after showering. I love our New Collagen Body Lotion.
I recommend washing the brush every few weeks to remove dead skin cells.
Let me know if you use dry brushing in your regimen & what benefits you’ve noticed.
Till next time………….